Friday 7 October 2011

Diagramming

I decided to do a bit more diagramming because I was still not 100% happy with my chosen location on Parliament House. I really wanted to be more centrally located amongst the offices because this really is imperative to its success. I should have gone back to diagramming long ago because it revealed my new location!
Main office areas

Main lines of movement between offices

This last diagram which indicates the courtyard spaces revealed the long linear line inbetween the offices which I am now going to treat as my site. This space is underuitilized and I have the ability to reactivate it with my proposal. I want it to sit above the greenery however so that the courtyard can still remain.


The most central area of this linear spine will form the static main part of the information centre that will be accessed through the existing walkways that were indicated in my movement diagram. While the rest of the spine will be covered by my canopy which will aid the movement of the I.T. pods which can then service the surrounding offices. This can also mean that in the future the canopy can grow around offices if they are added behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment